Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Motivation Monday 030716

       


We are back to another Motivation Monday! I hope everyone had an excellent week. The message for today’s motivation is all about organization. Every year, I hear at least ten people say their new year’s resolution is to “get organized” – were you one of those people this year? I was. How is that going for you so far?

“First comes thought; then the organization of that thought into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.”

As a non-traditional student, I have found myself having many good thoughts; such as the ones mentioned in Napoleon Hill’s quote, but that is just what they are - thoughts. It is easy to come up with awesome ideas or plans, but executing them is the challenging part.  If I sit down once a week and organize my thoughts and ideas, I have a much easier time turning them into actions.

Here are some tricks that I use to stay organized:

  • Keep one planner. In the planner, write everything you have scheduled (tests, meetings at work, assignments due, dinners with friends, etc.). I enjoy the Day-Timer Planner.  I use the two-page per day format that way I have room to write everything.
  •  Put reminders in your phone for certain things. Today, we use our cellphones for much more than making calls. There is an awesome free app called Cozi. You can input any and all appointments, set reminders, and your phone will alert you according to the reminder time you set. You can also have a “family account” where your calendar is shared with all the members of your family. This allows everyone to be aware of everyone else’s schedule. This app really is a lifesaver.
  • Pre-cook meals for the week on Sunday. Sunday evenings are usually when I catch up on homework. This year, I decided to dedicate Sunday evenings to pre-cooking my meals for the week. This has helped immensely. It is also a big money saver.
  • If you can handle it, shower before bed rather than in the morning. If you are anything like me, it is really easy to get frazzled in the morning. Eliminating the time it takes to shower and dry your hair, adds at least twenty minutes to your morning routine to use grabbing the things you will need throughout the day.


Everyone would be organized if it were easy. While it is challenging, it is not impossible. The tips listed above really are great if you put them to use. What are your organization tips? Do you have rituals that make your life easier? I would love to hear about them.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! I believe organization helps with anxiety as well, because it's one less thing you have to worry about. If you are organized then you don't have to stress about finding specific things. Organization is difficult but I agree, it is possible. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete